|Jason Hunt recording on White Mirror's "Say It's Home" at ECHO/NORMAL with Dan Smart|
28 June 2017
Read this great little history of Boy King Islands, courtesy of Adit Ahmed & Mind Equals Blown.
16 June 2017
Boy King Islands - Pastels (Youngbloods, 2017)
Format: Digital Only
1. Fall (demo version)
2. Finally Home
3. Memory Loop
4. See Through Your Eyes
5. A Tear & A Smile
6. Youth Disappearing
7. Cuban Joint
8. Echoes (original guitar demo)
9. Are We Where from Tell Can’t We
10. 12 String Rain
11. Million Dollar Piano
12. Chords From Snow
13. Blue In Black
14. All Green & White (demo version)
15. Chasing Noises (demo version)
17. Henry Darger
All material recorded by Zachary Mastoon and Jason Hunt – separately or together – between 2002 & 2014. Mastered by Dan Smart at ECHO/NORMAL.
Youngbloods version of the album originally released as a very limited CD-R in 2015.
Original photography by Chris Eichenseer of Someoddpilot from the Boy King Islands' "Fall" photo shoot (2004).
15 June 2017
Damage Control on dublab - June 15th, 2017: Caural/Boy King Islands with Derelict
To celebrate the release of Boy King Islands' new album, Pastels, I spun a largely ambient/shoegaze-y set on the one and only dublab, and chatted a bit with the homie Derek McNeill. Check out the entire stream here, or download here.
Tracklist (note: guest mix begins 9:40 in)
1. Drab Majesty – Hath No Form – The Demonstration – Dais Records
2. Liars – The Exact Color of Doubt – Wixiw – Mute
3. Lotus Plaza – These Years – The Floodlight Collective – Kranky
4. Benoit Pioulard – The Guilded Fear That Guides The Flow – Sonnet – Kranky
5. Pale Saints – A Deep Sleep for Steven – The Comforts of Madness – 4AD
6. Belong – Perfect Life – Common Era – Kranky
7. Be Forest – Thrill – Cold – Bloodrock Records/We Were Never Boring
8. Ride – Seagull – Nowhere – Creation
9. Diiv (as “Dive”) – Sometime – Sometime/Corvalis 7” – Captured Tracks
10. Cleaners from Venus – Julie Profumo – Songs For A Fallow Land – Captured Tracks (Reissue)
11. Nitefields – You I Never Knew – Depersonalization – Felte
12. Boy King Islands – I Talk To The Wind – Fall – Eat Concrete/Plustapes
13. Ford & Lopatin featuring Tamaryn – Flying Dream – Snakes/Flying Dream 12” – Mexican Summer
14. Cheatahs – Kenworth – Cheatahs – Wichita
15. Slowdive – Changes – Pygmalion Demos – Creation
16. Broadcast – Man Is Not A Bird – Haha Sound – Warp
17. Gauntlet Hair – Lights Out – Gauntlet Hair – Dead Oceans
18. Pailhead – I Will Refuse – I Will Refuse 12” – Wax Trax
27 May 2016
Singular Forms (Youngbloods, 2016)
Format: Digital Only
Caural - No. 4
Recorded in Alameda and Oakland, CA by me; Bass Clarinet recorded in Brooklyn by Stuart Bogie
Mastered by Steve Kitch at Audiomaster in London, United Kingdom
Cover art by Iao Eü Estudio, design by Nicholas Concklin
Executive Produced by Nicholas Concklin & John Moses
The form of an object, often mistaken for its shadow, is known by echo. Swept up in the dissonant circadian tide, the object’s true nature remains hidden. But when set alone, against a vacuum, visions of reality dance across the cave walls.
Forms, as a series of musical collections, opts for measured themes unique to each edition. Meditative, with carefully constructed folds, the compilation is sewn together with the intent to capture, and make tangible, concepts in motion.
For the second edition of our compilation series, we invited thirteen artists to capture a singular echo, in its purest form, through a piano.
30 April 2016
Touch Vinyl invites you to celebrate the addition of Los Angeles & Brooklyn-based record label Youngbloods to their crates. T-shirts and records for sale + DJ and Live sets:
08:00 // Youngbloods Warm Up
08:45 // Norvis Junior
09:15 // Caural
10:00 // Pink Siifu
10:45 // uhlife + Swarvy
Saturday, April 30th
8pm - 12am
FREE // BYOB
20 November 2015
12 November 2015
BULLETT Presents: Jojo Baby
from Greg Stephen Reigh on Vimeo.
A Chicago filmmaker named Greg Stephen Reigh got in touch about using an old tune of mine ("Camphor", from Stars on My Ceiling) to help soundtrack a really cool short film commissioned by Bullett Media about performance artist and "original club kid", Jojo Baby. Seeing footage of the North/Damen/Milwaukee intersection definitely sparked some nostalgia for me, and I was happy that Huffington Post and Red Eye helped to get this story out there!